Producer Railway Car Order
Order number 2019-32
- Under subsection 87(2) of the Canada Grain Act, the Canadian Grain Commission (the “Commission”) may order terms and conditions for the allocation of producer railway cars to grain producers who apply for producer railway cars.
The Commission makes the following order:
- Before the Commission will accept and acknowledge a producer’s application for a producer railway car, the Commission must have received:
- Confirmation from the producer that they have a sale for the grain for which a producer railway car is requested, in the form of a copy of the signed contract, received either from the producer or the producer’s administrator;
- Payment of the prescribed producer railway car application fee, from the producer or the producer’s administrator;
- Confirmation from the producer or the producer’s administrator that the destination facility has authorized the producer railway car to be unloaded at that facility; and
- Two weeks’ notice of the application, prior to the grain shipping week requested.
- The following changes to a producer railway car application may be made before the Commission authorizes the cars for loading in a specific grain shipping week:
- Shipping week requested for delivery;
- Precise Siding;
- Number of cars applied for (can only be reduced). Note: To increase the number of cars, the Commission must receive a new application.
This order will continue until amended or revoked.
Chief Commissioner and Deputy Head
Assistant Chief Commissioner
Signed on: July 16, 2019
- Date modified: