Grain safety and identity preservation
The Canadian Grain Commission’s grain safety and identity preservation programs are built upon the Food Safety and Identity Preserved Quality Management System Standard (PDF, 987 kb). The Canadian Grain Commission developed the Standard following the Codex Alimentarius principles of hazard analysis critical control point.
The Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (CGC HACCP) and Canadian Identity Preserved Recognition System and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (CIPRS+HACCP) programs achieved technical equivalence against the Global Food Safety Initiative benchmarking requirements on August 27, 2018.
Grain safety programs
Container sampling programs
- Facts about the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations for grain handling facilities
- HACCP training for the grain handling industry
- Forms for grain safety and identity preservation
- Application package
- List of accredited service providers
- Certified companies: grain safety and identity preservation
- Certified companies: container sampling
Contact Process Verification and Accreditation for questions about grain safety and identity preservation.
- Date modified: