Official Grain Grading Guide
Effective August 1, 2021
The Official Grain Grading Guide is a complete reference on the grading of grains, oilseeds and pulses.
- List of revisions
- Determining test weight
- Moisture testing
- Specifications for sieves
- Mixed grain
- Canola and rapeseed
- Domestic mustard seed
- Sunflower seed
- Safflower seed
- Canary seed
- Experimental grades of wheat
- Sample feed grain
- Standard abbreviations
- Active Grain Standards List
Download the guideOfficial Grain Grading Guide (PDF)
Did you know?
- The Guide is used by Canadian Grain Commission grain inspectors as a complete reference on the grading of grains, oilseeds and pulses.
- It is reviewed and revised to incorporate changes to grade specifications and tolerance levels recommended by the Western and Eastern grain standards committees and to update definitions and grading procedures.
- The web version of the Official Grain Grading Guide is a document controlled under our International Organization for Standardization (ISO) provisions.
- The web version will be updated as and when changes are made. Copies printed from the website are not controlled.
- Users of printed copies should be aware that changes may occur without notification.
- Users of printed copies are encouraged to check the web version on a regular basis to ensure they are working with a current version.
- Unless a grain variety has been registered by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, it is eligible only for the lowest grade as established by regulation. For a list of registered varieties and other information related to the registration of plants in Canada, go to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency website.
- Date modified: