Lentils: Export shipments
Shipments can be commercially clean or not commercially clean.
Commercially clean (CC)
Shipments are considered commercially clean when they contain 0.2% or less by weight of dockage material. No dockage is reported.
Not commercially clean (NCC)
Shipments that do not meet the standards for commercial cleanliness are referred to as not commercially clean. Such shipments are allowed only with the permission of the Canadian Grain Commission.
For samples representing not commercially clean shipments approved by the Canadian Grain Commission for shipment from terminal elevators, dockage is reported to the nearest
- 0.1% for samples representing shipments loaded from a single terminal elevator
- 0.01% for composite samples representing shipments loaded from more than one terminal elevator
- Less a direct deduction of up to 0.2% to take into account the buildup of attritional material for direct shipments only
For samples representing processed shipments from other than terminal elevators, dockage is reported to the nearest 0.1% and consists of the following
- Material that remains on top of the riddle, other than whole lentils which are handpicked and returned to the cleaned sample
- Material that passes through the selected sieve
- Material removed by aspiration
- Small broken lentils and portions of lentils whose weight exceeds 0.2% of the sample weight and which are removable through the number 10 round-hole sieve and by aspiration
Where there are no export specifications, the primary specifications are used.
- Date modified: