Canola and rapeseed: Export shipments
Export shipments can be commercially clean or not commercially clean.
Shipments defined as commercially clean may contain material as follows.
|Grade name||Material other than canola remaining on top of round-hole sieve and over No. 000 riddle %||Total net dockage %|
|Roughage material such as wild oats, seed pods, knuckles||Total|
|number 1 Canada||0.3||0.5||2.5|
|number 2 Canada||0.3||0.5||2.5|
|number 3 Canada||0.3||0.5||2.5|
Dockage is reported to the nearest 0.1%.
A deduction for broken and reasonably sound canola removed as dockage is allowed
- On shipments from a terminal elevator, not for direct export, of up to 0.5%
- On shipments for direct export, of up to 0.75%
- On shipments for direct export, exiting primary elevators, of up to 0.5%
These deductions are applied to determine total net dockage for commercially clean shipments.
Not commercially clean (NCC)
Shipments that do not meet the standards for commercial cleanliness are referred to as not commercially clean. Such shipments are allowed only with the permission of the Canadian Grain Commission.
For samples representing not commercially clean shipments approved by the CGC for shipment from terminal elevators, dockage is reported to the nearest 0.1%.
Instead of the allowances for broken seed in commercially clean shipments, a deduction of up to 0.2% is applied to establish net dockage for direct exports only.
Determination of dockage
Follow procedures for normal cleaning, with the Carter dockage tester set up as follows:
|Top sieve||Blank tray|
You will also need the following hand sieves.
- Number 5
- Number 5.5
- Number 6
- Number 6.5
- Number 7
- Number 7.5
- Number .028
- Number .032
Composition of dockage
In export grade canola, dockage consists of
- Material other than canola that passes over the Number 000 riddle or remains on top of the round-hole sieve
- Material that passes through the Number .028 or .032 slotted sieve
- Material removed by aspiration
- less the applicable allowance of broken and reasonably sound canola deducted from the slotted and/or aspiration
- Conspicuous admixture handpicked from the cleaned sample
- Material removed by Cleaning for grade improvement
Material removed by Cleaning for grade improvement Grading
Canola on export is graded in accordance with primary and export specifications.
- Date modified: