The Official Grain Grading Guide is a complete reference on the grading of grains, oilseeds and pulses.
In Canada, grain grades are a tool used to define the quality of grain.
- Grading factors for Canadian wheat
- Fusarium head blight in western Canada
- Identifying wheat and barley seed affected by fusarium head blight
- Ergot’s effect on wheat grades
- Determine moisture content for Canadian grains
- Visual identification of small oilseeds and weed seed contaminants
- Test weight for Canadian grains
- Setting and changing grades
- Canadian wheat classes
- Standard samples as a grain grading tool
- Technology transfer template
The Canadian Grain Commission maintains variety designation lists for Canadian wheat, barley and flaxseed.
Resources on prevention, monitoring, control, and remedial strategies for keeping stored grain at peak condition, reducing the potential of insect infestations.
Identify an insect
Primary insect pests
- Larger grain borer
- Lesser grain borer
- Bean weevil
- Pea weevil
- Southern cowpea weevil
- Granary weevil
- Rice weevil
- Maize weevil
- Khapra beetle
- Rusty grain beetle
- Flat grain beetle
- Flour mill beetle
- Merchant grain beetle
- Sawtoothed grain beetle
- Longheaded flour beetle
- Red flour beetle
- Confused flour beetle
- Large flour beetle
- Angoumois grain moth
- Secondary insect pests
- Eight common insect pests
- Insect pest biology
- Glossary of insect terminology
- Primary insect pests
- Insect identification keys
- Control grain insect pests
- Manage storage to prevent infestations
- Guides on managing stored grain
The Harvest Sample Program is a voluntary program for Canadian grain producers. If you sign up, you will receive a harvest sample kit annually that contains envelopes for sending in samples of your crop.
Proper sampling techniques help make sure your grain is graded based on an accurate sample.
- Guide to Taking a Representative Sample
- Sampling systems handbook and approval guide
- Accredited and certified container sampling programs
The Canadian Grain Commission offers a variety of services as part of its mandate under the Canada Grain Act.
- Date modified: