Mandate, mission, vision, and values
Guided by our mandate, mission, vision, and values, the Canadian Grain Commission works in the interests of grain producers.
The Canadian Grain Commission’s mandate as set out in the Canada Grain Act is to, “in the interests of the grain producers, establish and maintain standards of quality for Canadian grain and regulate grain handling in Canada, to ensure a dependable commodity for domestic and export markets.”.
To ensure the integrity and marketability of Canadian grain for the domestic and international grain trade, from producer to global consumer.
To be a world class, science-based quality assurance provider.
We put our values of excellence, integrity, respect and accountability into action every day.
We uphold Canada’s reputation as a leader in the grain industry by going above and beyond our organizational goals by
- promoting collaboration, knowledge sharing and innovation to create an engaged workforce
- providing relevant, efficient and adaptable programs and services
- maintaining a high standard of quality
We maintain our proven reputation of trust and accountability.
We demonstrate integrity with our stakeholders and employees by
- taking responsibility for our actions
- standing by our decisions
- upholding our Values and Ethics Codes
We treat all colleagues and clients with dignity, fairness and honesty.
We maintain a professional, healthy and productive team environment by
- leading by example
- appreciating the values and diversity of all people
- honouring individual creativity, opinions and thoughts
We take responsibility for our actions and decisions, and foster an atmosphere of growth, trust and acceptance by
- having the courage to admit to mistakes and build confidence by correcting and learning from them
- being transparent in all aspects of our daily work activities
- being good stewards of public trust
- Date modified: