Calculate weight loss due to drying
- Take a sample of grain and make sure it is free of dockage.
- Weigh your sample and note the weight.
Which model of moisture meter are you using?
- If you’re using a Model 1200A, go to Step 3.
- If you’re using a Model 919/3.5" or a Model 393/3.5", calibrate it and go to Step 3. Refer to Calibrate Model 919/3.5 and Model 393/3.5" for instructions.
- Take the temperature of your grain. Record the temperature.
- If the temperature is below 11°C or above 30°C, keep your grain in airtight container until the temperature is between 11°C to 30°C.
- Take a moisture content reading and record the result.
- Repeat Steps 6 twice more for a total of 3 moisture meter readings.
- Calculate the average of 3 meter readings. Note this result as your original moisture.
- Spread your sample on paper. Let the sample dry at room temperature.
- Repeat Steps 3 to 8. Note this result as your final moisture.
- Enter your results in the calculator.
- Date modified: