Tender for surplus grain - Vancouver Laboratory Facility
We request offers to purchase bulk surplus grain samples from the Canadian Grain Commission (CGC) Laboratory Facility at 3671 East 1st Avenue, Vancouver, B.C.
Grain may be contained in 3 - 5 barrels provided by the CGC (containing approximately 350–370 lbs (~ 170 kg) of grain per barrel), or other receptacles provided by the applicant, up to a maximum of 2 receptacles, that are pallet sized (45 inches high; 40 inches wide; 42 inches long). The grain will need to be picked up by the successful bidder approximately once or twice every two weeks, and there is a possibility that the amount of grain available and the number of pick-ups could potentially decrease further during the term of the agreement.
There is no guarantee of the type or quality of the grain which will be available during the term of the contract. There is no guarantee of the minimum or maximum amount of grain which will be available during the term of the contract, or at any one pick-up time.
The conditions of the agreement are as stipulated below.
The successful bidder will be subject to the following conditions:
- The term of the agreement will be for two (2) years
- Grain is to be picked up no later than 48 hours after receiving notification by a phone call from the CGC Laboratory Facility, 3671 East 1st Avenue, Vancouver, B.C.
- Successful applicant will provide suitable vehicle, which can accept grain from the CGC barrels or acceptable receptacle provided by the applicant, at the back of the building at 3671 East 1st Avenue, Vancouver, B.C. The applicant’s vehicle must either have a lifting device, or the applicant must have a sufficient number of additional individuals present, in order to lift and empty the grain from the barrels or acceptable receptacle, into the applicant’s vehicle. The barrels belonging to the CGC will not be removed from the CGC’s facility. The vehicle must be capable of transporting a minimum of 2 tonnes of grain per trip. The vehicle will be either enclosed or equipped with a cover that will be kept in place as much as possible during loading to minimize dust emissions.
- Applicant is solely responsible for removing and loading of grain.
- There is a maximum allowable loading time of one hour (time may be extended dependent on availability of loading space).
- Applicant is responsible for clean up around loading area if any spills occur.
- Applicant is responsible for any damages which occur to the CGC barrels during the course of grain removal.
Please take notice that tenders for purchase of surplus grain will be for the period of July 6, 2017 to June 30, 2019.
Closing date and time is July 6, 2017 at 3:00 pm CST
All tenders are to be submitted to:
Canadian Grain Commission
700-303 Main Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 3G8
Attention: Grain Tender – Vancouver Laboratory Facility
- Date modified: