Optional weighing – railway cars, trucks or containers
Fees shown are before tax. The applicable taxes (Goods and Services Tax and provincial sales tax in Quebec) will be collected on these fees.
Fees are updated on April 1.
All fee codes changed on April 1, 2016.
|Fee code||Unit (per)||2013-14||2014-15||2015-16||2016-17||2017-18|
Outward official inspection - supplementary fees may be applied to this service.
Description of service
Optional official weighing services of railway cars, trucks and containers are provided based on Canadian Grain Commission capability and capacity.
- Canadian Grain Commission staff weigh grain, as mandated by the Canada Grain Act and as per operational commitments.
- Applicable documents for final outward weighing will be issued within two business days after all of the following has been met:
- a) completion of loading;
- b) receipt of final documentation request from the shipper / exporter, and
- c) completion of all required analytical testing results.
- The target for achieving this standard is set at 90%.
|90%||service not requested|
Applying for optional weighing – railway cars, trucks or containers
- The first level of contact for optional weighing is the Manager of weighing services in the regional office nearest you.