The Canada Grain Act requires the Canadian Grain Commission to undertake, sponsor and promote research related to grains. The Canadian Grain Commission’s Grain Research Laboratory conducts research in support of the grain quality assurance system to address emerging issues and permit the effective marketing of Canadian grain in the interests of producers and the Canadian grain industry. The Grain Research Laboratory researches methods to measure grain quality and safety, new quality and safety factors, and grain standards. In addition, the Grain Research Laboratory carries out the Canadian Grain Commission’s annual Harvest Survey.
Procedures and interpretations
- Alveograph – sources of problems in curve interpretation with hard common wheat flour
- Baking healthy bread with barley
- Creating new potential for an old grain – milling hulless barley for fibre-rich fractions and baking healthy bread with barley
- Milling for quality evaluation of new wheat lines
- Using RVA to measure pre-germination in barley and predict germination energy after storage
- Date modified: