Buckwheat - Chapter 13 | Official Grain Grading Guide
Determining the size of buckwheat
1. Using a Boerner-type divider, divide a representative portion of approximately 250 g from the cleaned sample.
2. Set up the Carter dockage tester as follows:
|Top sieve||No. 8 slotted|
|Centre sieve||Blank tray|
|Sieve cleaner control||Off|
3. Turn on the Carter dockage tester.
4. Pour the portion into the hopper.
5. Turn off the Carter dockage tester.
6. Determine the percentage by weight of the kernels passing through the No. 8 slotted sieve.
|If the percentage of kernels passing through the No. 8 slotted sieve is . . .||Then the buckwheat is . . .|
|20.0 or less||Large|
|More than 20.0||Small|
- Date modified: